Yup, that’s pretty much how the long weekend went.
Paper: First Wedding Anniversary! Can be believe it? A whole year has gone by already, and so fast!
Amethyst: I got Jonathan a US First Edition print of The Smith of Wootton Major and he of course broke the rules and bought me jewelry. But really, can a girl complain?
After our little gift exchange and a hearty break fast at the Tannery…(wafflesssss!!)… we headed downtown to do a bit of window shopping and to take a peek at Pearl Fiber Arts‘ Labor Day Stash Sale. This is a community event where yarn and fiber lovers can destash quick by selling unused/unwanted craft supplies, mostly yarn, and pattern books and magazines, for store credit! The left overs get donated to local charities. I scored a few really nice things without having to break the bank.
From left to right:
- Vintage Bakelite Yarn Holder.
- Dream in Color Smooshy in Bubble Haze colorway, which according to the sticker label was dyed exclusively for Yarns on Stage.
- Bonnie’s Bambo in the Desert Bloom colorway.
- Chamelion Colorworks Twinkle Toes in the Nellie’s Mirage colorway, which was a For Yarn’s Sake exclusive.
- A little Strawberry Shortcake tote.
And last, but not least! WEIRD AL YANKOVIC!!!!
Awww yis…the last Zoo Concert of the season and what a show!
See Weird Al perform live:
Like a Surgeon? Check.
Dare to be Stupid? Check.
Amish Paradise? Check.
White and Nerdy? Check.
Word Crimes? Check.
Y.O.D.A.? CHECK CHECK CHECK!
Good luck trying to top this next year!! =D