Today marks the end of an era. Today is the last day of my two weeks notice and I’m trying to contain my glee and excitement for what is to come.
To be fair, I wouldn’t consider my 5 years here a complete loss.
- I’m not afraid to talk to clients
- I’m not afraid to host conference calls
- I’m not afraid to be wrong in front of my co-workers
- I’m not afraid to make live updates (though I still don’t like it)
- I’m not afraid to push back.
I’m not afraid to make this change.
Unfortunately, my two weeks notice was riddled with hefty reminders of why I have been job searching to begin with. Sure it has been nice working from home, at my own pace, setting my own tasks…but there comes a time in one’s life where the desire for more human interaction, planning for the future, and wanting to contribute to society in a more meaningful way overpowers the hermit within.
In the meantime, I’ve also been stress knitting. I’ve busted out 4 hats, a pair of mittens, a cropped sweater, and I’m working on both the knit and crochet mystery-a-long for the Rose City Yarn Crawl.
Anxiety, the great motivator.